Residential sciatica treatment in the Algarve, Portugal
Stay, relax and be treated
Approximately 90% of adults experience lower back pain (problems) at some point in their lives.
50% of working adults suffer back pain every year; it holds second place (behind breathing disorders) for days off work and is a leading cause of disability worldwide.
At Sciaticure we have created a space where you can relax in comfort and be treated in your own accommodation; a place dedicated to you for the time of your stay and to receive sciatica treatment in the Algarve, Portugal.
We aim, through the use of various techniques, peaceful environment and healthy diet, to address the problems of each individual client and in particular provide treatment for sciatica.
You will have the full attention of our own therapists who use massage, manipulation and chiropractic techniques to provide treatment for sciatica and assist in your full recovery as is possible during the length of your stay.
This company has been built due to my suffering from terrible sciatica for 3 years, and wondering if I would ever get my life back again....
In these years I met countless people who also agreed they would do anything to get their lives back, be able to do simple things from getting the shopping to playing with their children properly again and to be able to enjoy their time doing normal activities we all take for granted until something like this arrives in our lives.
I tried everything I could with no major results until I met Alex.
Alex is a qualified masseur with an understanding of the body and its root problems that I wish I met years ago.
A few months later, as I understood the stress and the sinking feeling life will always feel terrible, I wanted to get as many people to see him and relieve the nerve pinching muscle aches that others have.
So far, every friend (please read testimonials) I know who has ‘mechanical’ issues (meaning muscle or nerval issues) to see him. As you can read we have had a huge success in a short time, with a particular emphasis on sciatica treatment.
I can now happily say I do not suffer from any pains any more.
Don’t get me wrong, my body is still not back to 100% strength wise and I have forgotten this a few times and re-injured myself thinking I can’t feel pain so I will lift something or go about things like before.
When you see a chiropractor, it is a short 45 minute session where they listen to you and then make a decision to which few twists and cracks they will perform and send you on your way to where you are home in your normal surrounding with all the habitual home things to do and rarely make the time to relax and heal.
"Every morning the pain in my leg was so intense I couldn't stand up without holding on to something for 10 minutes. Alex's sciatica treatment had me totally fixed within a couple of weeks"
David – Algarve, Portugal
"After my time in pain and trying acupuncture, Bowen, chiropractors, doctors, scans, Reiki and anything else to try and relieve the problems and be able to play football with my young son again, I cannot recommend anything better. "
Rod – Algarve, Portugal
"Alex has magic hands! A good friend recommended him to me as I was suffering from terrible sciatic pain. Not only did he fix my back, but he sorted out the tendinitis in my arm, a problem many other practioners had told me to learn to live with it!" I cannot recommend him enough! "
Steve – Algarve, Portugal
"I came to Alex with a chronic shoulder pain that had been troubling me for several months. He was able to quickly identify exactly where the origin of the problem was located and through a series of massage treatments helped to ease the tension in the area. My shoulder was then able to heal and the pain was gradually relieved to the point that my shoulder was fully healed. There is no doubt that Alex's treatment helped to vastly speed up the recovery process, and I may still be suffering from the injury had I not sought his help. I cannot recommend his service highly enough."
Kerryan – London, UK
Alex gets to know your exact issues and will feel where the nerve or muscles are that need work on, getting directly to the root of the problem.
We provide treatment for sciatica in the Algarve, Portugal at a private location set in 12 acres of beautiful countryside, full of olive and almond trees. Here you will have your own private home, and you can bring your partner, friend, sister or whoever your close one may be, absolutely free, as only the person receiving the sciatica treatment pays. We really want you to be comfortable and happy in getting literally back on your feet. After all, you will need plenty of rest, water and relaxation to let your body heal properly.
We have 20 slots a year available and are taking bookings from now onwards, so if you or anyone you know suffers from sciatica, drop us a line with any questions and we will do our best to help you.
Tell me more about back pain and sciatica treatment
One of the major manifestations of back problems takes the form of sciatica or piriformis syndrome. This is linked to the nervous system and if left untreated can lead to permanent nerve damage and require interventive surgery to try and correct. Most problems can be linked to a previous injury where the posture has had to compensate for that injury. The ongoing problems in the posture which were not addressed properly at the time, gradually increase little by little as the surrounding muscles adjust to their new position and because nerves run through the muscles, they are effected too. As the muscles tighten around the nerves this restricts their movement and leads to nervous pain.
Through the use of various techniques, peaceful environment and healthy diet, we address the problems of each individual client with an emphasis on treating sciatica.
You will have the full attention of our own therapists who use massage, manipulation and chiropractic techniques to assist in your full recovery as is possible during the length of your stay.
We do not guarantee 100% success but after receiving treatment for sciatica, all our clients leave us in far better shape than when they arrived. Factors involved in our success are the length of time spent here, the length of time you have had the problem and the correct or incorrect diagnosis of the original incident.
Our qualified personnel offer 10’s of years of hands on experience and learning.
Initial online consultations are free of any charge, now or later; and any bookings where a deposit is taken are only confirmed after we have discussed and decided our best course of action with you and for you.
How long do I need to stay?
To obtain real results, the minimum stay is one week at our Algarve sciatica treatment location.
You have 3 sessions a day (or as many as your body can handle to start) – 2 hrs in the morning and another 1 session in the afternoon.
What is included?
Private accommodation and airport shuttle with 3 x 1 hr sessions a day for 6 days a week.
You prepare your own meals, in your own private kitchen within the house.
If you do wish to have total relaxation, we can arrange for organic food boxes and other shopping.
What does it cost?
3 x 1 hr sessions a day for 6 days a week = £2250.
2 weeks = £4500.
We can also make 8 – 13 day packages to suit your time. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
How to I get to you?
We provide sciatica treatment in the Algarve, Portugal. The nearest airport is Faro, Portugal where we will meet you and take to you your accommodation.
Designed and built in the Algarve, Portugal by Dynafish using 100% solar power.
Sciaticure is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Carolyn Cross
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 10 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Dynafish – our web developers
- Krystal Web Hosting Ltd. – our web hosts
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Phone: +351 21 392 84 00
Last modification was made August 13, 2019.